Improving efficiency in clinical trials
This seminar is a joint organization of Leuven.Inc and Flanders Smart Hub.
The Flanders Smart Hub project, supported by different partners in Flemish-Brabant, stimulates innovation and promotes the region's innovative research activities. The key focus areas are logistech, cleantech and lifetech. Within lifetech, research and development activities are typically divided into fundamental research, pre-clinical research and, finally, clinical research.
Belgium is an important country for the conduct of clinical trials. To sustain this favourable position, continuous improvements and increasing efficiency are necessary.
With the seminar on 'Improving efficiency in clinical trials', Leuven.Inc and Flanders Smart Hub aspire to increase awareness of the importance of clinical trials and to share views on improvement opportunities.
Some practical aspects
Date: Friday, December 10, 2010 (10h00-16h30)
Location: Brabanthal, Brabantlaan 1, 3001 Leuven
- Clinical Trial Investigators
- Academic Sponsors
- Ethic Committees
- Contract Research Organizations
- Authorities and Decision makers
- Patient Organizations
- Healthcare providers
- Supporting Associations
- All other interested professionals
- 10h00: Registration and coffee
- 10h30: Welcome
Katja Van Remoortere (Business Developer Lifetech, Flanders Smart Hub)
- 10h40: Introduction by the chairman of this seminar
Johan Van Calster (Former Director-general for medicinal products - Federal Public Service for Public Health)
- 10h50: The Belgian regulatory framework
Kristof Bonnarens (Afdelingshoofd R&D, FAGG)
- 11h20: A European and patient perspective on improving efficiency
Kathy Oliver (Co-Director, International Brain Tumour Alliance)
- 11h50: Coordination of clinical research activities at UZ Leuven
Katelijne De Nys (Professor, Head of the Clinical Trial Centre, UZ Leuven)
- 12h20: Perspectives for basic and applied diabetes research
Bart Keymeulen (Professor, Head of department Diabetes Centre UZ Brussel)
- 12h50: Q&A
- 13h00: Lunch
- 14h00: Clinical Data Standardisation - CDISC
Peter Van Reusel (Unit Director, Business & Decision Life Sciences)
- 14h30: Efficient training results in quality trials
Gerald Van Roey (Training Manager, European Centre for Clinical Research Training)
- 15h00: Clinical trials related to medical devices and combined products
Joris Bannenberg (COO/Medical Director, Factory-CRO for Medical Devices)
- 15h30: Q&A
- 15h45: Drink and networking
Presentations will be in English.