Executive meeting: Towards excellence in innovation
Leuven.Inc, K.U.Leuven and IMEC welcome you at a joint initiative on January 26, 2006, where financial and business leaders, researchers and policy makers can listen to the point of view of the European Commission, the Flemish Government and the industry on Excellence in innovation.
A detailed programme can be downloaded via this link.
- as of 17h00: Welcome participants
- 17h30 Opening of the session by Mayor Louis Tobback
- 17h45 Excellence in innovation: a point of view of the European Commission - Dr. Janez Potocnik, European Commissioner for Science & Research
- 18h00 The Flemish innovation policy in a European context - Mrs. Fientje Moerman, Vice Minister-President of the Flemish Government and Flemish Minister for Economy, Enterprise, Science, Innovation and Foreign Trade
- 18h15 An industry perspective - Mr. Karel Vinck, President Flemish Science Policy Council, Chairman Umicore
- 18h30 Panel discussion: Where can Europe make the difference?
- 19h00 Reception offered by IMEC
Date: Thursday January 26, 2006 (17h30-20h00)
Location: Auditorium IMEC, Kapeldreef 75, 3001 Leuven