L-Sec Launch Event: E-Security Challenges for the 21st Century
The newly created L-Sec (Leuven Security Excellence Consortium) is organising a launch event on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at Brabanthal(Haasrode)
The following topics will be brought up in the morning session:
- Security : problems and opportunities. Positioning the L-SEC members within the security value chain.
- Business models and return on investments for outsourced and managed security
- International standards in e-security.
After the lunch break Guy Kindermans (Data News) will perform the role of moderator in the afternoon panel sessions;
- Future trends in the security market
- Open security or security through obscurity?
- Have we lost our privacy?
Top representatives of the L-SEC members will be the guest speakers.
Finally the topic of e-government will be covered by a delegate of the Flemish authorities.
L-Sec has been formed in February 2002 by PriceWaterHouseCoopers - sponsoring member - and 8 founding members: Banksys,Crythomathic, DATA4s, HyperTrust, K.U.Leuven, Telindus, Ubizen and Utimaco Safeware.
More detailed information about L-SEC, their objectives, goals as well as the seminar programme and the practical details to subscribe can be found in a pdf-document (see further).